Intellectual Property (IP)
Capital Legal Services provides comprehensive legal support for companies from all industries in creating new intellectual property, launching existing brands on the Russian market, their protection from parallel import and counterfeit goods; in disputable cases that require pre-trial resolution or representation of the rightholder’s interests at the Chamber for Patent Disputes, in court, etc.
The practice was noted by Legal 500, Chambers Europe & Pravo.ru.
- Searching for and verifying trademarks
- Registering trademarks in Russia and foreign countries
- Entering amendments into the Russian State Trademark Register
- Extending trademark term and other actions on maintaining trademark legal protection
- Administering cases at the Chamber for Patent Disputes, including filing objections against Rospatent’s decision on provision/non-provision of trademark protection or on acknowledging a trademark as a well-known mark
- Representing clients’ interests in commercial arbitration courts, as well as in the Intellectual Property Court on issues concerning recovery of compensation for unlawful use of trademarks; issues concerning early termination of trademarks legal protection
- Advising on issues connected with software development and sale, as well as on other issues in the IT sector
- Preparing and filing applications for registering computer software or database with Rospatent
- Representing clients’ interests in commercial arbitration courts, as well as in the Intellectual Property Court in disputes on copyrights, rightholder’s rights and on issues concerning recovery of compensation for unlawful use of computer software
- Registering domain names and their maintenance
- Advising on domain disputes
- Representing clients’ interests in courts on cancelling registration of domain names
- Legal audit of intangible assets, developing strategy for distributing intangible assets
- Developing, conducting legal audit and supporting registration of agreements on disposing over rights to trademarks: license agreements, franchise agreements, agreements on alienation of exclusive rights, pledge agreements, etc.
- Advising on entering into and preparation of agreements for development, commissioning contracts, work done for hire, research and development
- Representing clients’ interests in disputes on debt recovery and termination of agreements for disposing over intellectual property
Combatting counterfeit goods and parallel import
- Monitoring, detecting, documenting and restraining infringements of exclusive rights by third parties, including detecting parallel import and counterfeit goods with assistance from the authorities, including customs, police and Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (Rospotrebnadzor)
- Registering trademarks in the Russian Customs Intellectual Property Register, support in the course of administrative procedures initiated by customs authorities
- Claim settlement and court work on administrative, criminal and civil liability for violators
Advising and representing clients’ interests in commercial arbitration courts, as well as in Intellectual Property Court in disputes concerning:
- Recovery of compensation for unlawful use of intellectual property
- Contesting decisions of the Chamber for Patent Disputes
- Early termination of trademarks legal protection
- Copyrights protection
- Protection of rightholders’ rights
- Domain names
- Representing clients’ interests in disputes on debt recovery and termination of agreements for disposing over intellectual property, etc.