The Аntitrust practice of Capital Legal Services includes a team of attorneys with over ten years of practical experience in applying antitrust law in Russia.
In our activities we efficiently combine an in-depth knowledge of Russian law, business, industry specifics, and experience interacting with government authorities.
Our attorneys actively cooperate with the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service (the FAS) as experts on antitrust legislation, participate in lawmaking activities, and are members of the Competition Support Association, a non-commercial partnership.
- Advice on application of antitrust and advertising law
- Obtaining government approval for purchase of participatory interests or shares in legal entities, assets or rights with respect to commercial organizations, as well as approval for the reorganization and setting up of companies
- Advice on investments in businesses of strategic importance
- Legal due diligence of business with regard to compliance with antitrust law
- Analysis of agreements and commercial policies from the perspective of their compliance with antitrust law and obtaining approval for agreements and policies from the FAS
- Representing clients in the event of alleged violation of antitrust law, in court and administrative proceedings concerning the imposition of penalties
- Representing clients in commercial arbitration proceedings
- Representing clients in cases and providing advice concerning alleged unfair competition and illegal advertisements
- Representing clients in cases concerning alleged violation of advertising law
- Training company staff on compliance with antitrust law, in particular, with regard to tender procedures related to state procurement and appealing tenders; the interaction of suppliers, dealers, distributors, trade networks; potential liability for violations
- Representing clients during tenders and auctions
- Representing clients in cases initiated by the FAS concerning alleged violations in the course of state procurement
- Representing clients during FAS inspections to verify a client’s compliance with the requirements of antitrust and advertising law
- Written advice on various issues arising under antitrust law
- Obtaining clarifications from the FAS with respect to the application of competition and advertising law
- Advice, together with leading Russian economists, on the geographic boundaries of product markets
- Advice on issues related to ban on abusing dominant position and ban on agreements or concerted actions which limit competition
- Advice concerning the ban on abusing a dominating position and agreements or concerted actions which limit competition
- Advice on anti-dumping and anti-corruption legislation